Family therapy at The Family Workshop aims to help family members understand each other better and make important changes in family life.
Areas where many parents and children have found Family Therapy helpful include:
- Family communication within and across generations
- Child and adolescent behaviour
- Anxiety and other mood difficulties
- Parenting issues
- Bereavement and grief
- Supporting family members through parental separation and divorce
- Supporting family members in step-family life
- Supporting family members post-trauma
- Living with serious and/or chronic illness
- Grandparenting and other caring relationships
- Supporting sibling relationships
- Couple relationship difficulties
The Family Workshop welcomes people of all ages and generations. Its team of experienced and accredited psychotherapists endeavour to work at their clients' pace, adapting their ways of working to the ages, needs and preferences of those attending sessions.
Sessions may be held weekly, fortnightly or monthly, depending on client needs and requirements. We will discuss with you how we might work best together, including appointment arrangements.
Working with family members together can be very helpful when a family is experiencing difficulties. It may also helpful for family members to be seen individually, giving them a safe and confidential space to explore family relationship issues.The Family Workshop is happy to work with family groups and with adults and/or children and young people on an individual basis. We can hold individual sessions within a series of family meetings.
One-day workshops for adults, children and young people on a range of issues are available.
If you have any further questions about family therapy or wish to arrange an appointment, please contact our practice base at The River Clinic in central Lewes, East Sussex.
tel 01273 475735
Further information about family therapy is also available online. Please see our Useful links page.